Dentist Pediatric Dentistry Houston
Dentist pediatric dentistry Houston needed? At Marquette Dentistry, we have more than 20 years of experience and can help you and your children maintain excellent dental health. If you are looking for a dentist in pediatric dentistry Houston who will go above and beyond to help your family maintain smiles you are all proud of, you will find that we fit the bill. Among our complete services is providing you with the information you need to achieve dental health, including giving solid parental advice. For instance, we would like to fill you in on foods your children should stay away from, for their dental health.
Foods to Avoid
As your dentist pediatric dentistry Houston, we will advise you of foods that children should avoid, to help prevent cavities. Many people don’t realize that sugars aren’t the only types of food that can contribute to tooth decay. The following are some helpful tips:
- Potato chips and corn chips are the top item on our list of recommended foods for your children to stay away from. Not only do chips lack nutritional value and cause your children to feel full and therefore not hungry for healthy foods, but chips are full of carbohydrates. The starch in chips makes it more difficult for saliva in the mouth to wash the food off of the teeth. What happens after eating chips is that debris sticks to the teeth, allowing bacteria to immediately launch an attack on the enamel as it turns into sugar.
- Hard candy is another big no-no, if you ask your dentist in pediatric dentistry Houston. Again, like chips, hard candy has zero nutritional value. In addition, hard candies are packed with sugar. Two very damaging things are happening at once, when your child eats hard candies. First, sugar is a breeding ground for bacteria, which gets tooth decay in motion. Secondly, the candy is sticky and sometimes remains even after children brush. Replace hard candy with a healthy snack, for the dental health of your children.
- Dried fruit should be avoided. It is not a good substitute for fresh fruit. Dried fruit is sticky and difficult to wipe from the tooth enamel with either natural saliva or a toothbrush.
- Be sure that your children do not develop the habit of chewing on ice. It may seem harmless, but it’s not. Ice can chip tooth enamel. Teeth are actually quite fragile, and they should especially be protected when children are young.
Contact our dentist pediatric dentistry Houston for professional guidance in protecting the dental health of your children.
FUN FACTS ABOUT HOUSTON TEXAS
- The most expensive home currently listed for sale in Houston is on Longfellow Lane in the Rice/Museum district. The house sits on almost two acres, has more than 12,000 square feet of living space and is listed for sale at $16,500,000
- The tallest building in Houston is the 75 floor JP Morgan Chase Tower which stands 1,002 feet tall. It is also the tallest building in Texas.
- The highest temperature ever recorded in Houston was 109 degrees. The record high was at George Bush Intercontinental Airport on September 4th, 2000 and again on August 27, 2011.
- For more info about Houston, click here!