DENTAL APPOINTMENT HOUSTON
Dental appointment Houston have you wondering what to expect? If you are like many people, you are nervous about going to the dentist. The good news is that modern dentistry offers a lot in the way of providing comfort and assurance. There is really nothing to be afraid of! In addition to seeing the dentist, an oral hygienist will often take your x-rays as well as clean and polish your teeth and discuss proper oral care. When you have a dental appointment in Houston for a routine checkup, you can basically expect that a hygienist will provide the following services:
An X-ray is not needed every time you go to the dentist, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), but X-rays can be extremely helpful in diagnosing problems with your teeth. The following are a few of the conditions that are discovered with the use of dental X-rays:
- Bone loss resulting from severe gum disease
- Tooth decay
- Extra teeth
- Impacted teeth
Cleaning and Polishing
It is recommended that you make a dental appointment in Houston every six months to have your teeth professionally cleaned. The primary purpose of teeth cleaning is to remove plaque and tartar, also called hard calculus.
Plaque is a soft, sticky, colorless substance which builds up around the gum line. Every day, plaque collects on your teeth; it is film of bacteria and consists of food particles and saliva. Plaque can cause all sorts of damage to your teeth, such as gum disease, cavities, and gingivitis.
Tartar is crusty, hard, and porous and yellow or yellowish brown in color. It forms just below and above the gum line and is basically hardened plaque which hasn’t been removed through brushing or flossing. Tartar is more difficult to remove than plaque; a dental appointment in Houston is required for tartar removal.
The hygienist at your dentist office will probably be the one to give you instructions on daily oral care. He or she may also demonstrate proper brushing and flossing. One of the goals of teaching patients about prevention is provide an understanding of what is needed. Sometimes patients are asked to chew a tablet which coats the teeth with a color that will only come off with proper brushing. This tool has proven useful in improving oral hygiene practices.
Schedule your dental appointment Houston today because healthy teeth can give you a more confident smile and better overall health.
FUN FACTS ABOUT HOUSTON TEXAS
- The most expensive home currently listed for sale in Houston is on Longfellow Lane in the Rice/Museum district. The house sits on almost two acres, has more than 12,000 square feet of living space and is listed for sale at $16,500,000
- The tallest building in Houston is the 75 floor JP Morgan Chase Tower which stands 1,002 feet tall. It is also the tallest building in Texas.
- The highest temperature ever recorded in Houston was 109 degrees. The record high was at George Bush Intercontinental Airport on September 4th, 2000 and again on August 27, 2011.
- For more info about Houston, click here!