Best Kids Dentist Houston
Best kids dentist Houston is your reliable source for helping your child maintain oral health. We have the equipment and expertise to provide the best care available. Among our valuable resources that we use as a best kids dentist in Houston are digital x-rays and providing tips and advice for helping your children maintain white, bright smiles.
Digital Dental X-Rays
Dental x-rays, also called radiographs, are an important part of the dental care we provide. We are happy to say that radiation exposure is reduced by about 90% in our office because we use digital x-ray machines. For those who use traditional non-digital dental x-ray machines, even that amount of exposure is less than the amount of radiation a person is exposed to on a 5 and1/2 hour airplane flight.
Digital dental x-rays allow us, your best kids dentist Houston, to detect problems that are obscured from the naked eye. Some of the oral issues revealed in dental x-rays include:
- Decay between the teeth;
- Periodontal disease, which is loss of bone supporting the teeth;
- Cancerous and non-cancerous tumors; and
- Location of teeth that haven’t yet erupted into the mouth.
By catching these problems and issues early, you may be able to avoid additional treatments as well as cut down on expense and pain. When tumorous growths are revealed in x-rays, the technology can be absolutely life-saving.
Home Care of Teeth
Although we highly recommend that you visit your best kids dentist in Houston at least every six months, we also believe home care is the number one strategy for maintaining oral health, for children and adults. For home care, we recommend the following, some of which may be new information to you:
- The goal of at-home oral hygiene is to routinely remove plaque, the sticky film of bacteria that is constantly forming in your mouth as a result of eating.
- Use a soft toothbrush approved by the American Dental Association (ADA). We also recommend using a modern electric toothbrush, such as Braun or Sonicare.
- Brush twice daily. Move in a circular motion with a gentle vibration, holding the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gum line. Also, gently vibrate the brush back and forth across each tooth surface until all surface areas have been effectively cleaned. Brush your tongue, as well, to remove more of the bacteria that can cause bad breath.
- Floss once per day.
- Always rinse thoroughly after brushing.
Call us for an appointment today. We would love to be your best kids dentist Houston.
FUN FACTS ABOUT HOUSTON TEXAS
- The most expensive home currently listed for sale in Houston is on Longfellow Lane in the Rice/Museum district. The house sits on almost two acres, has more than 12,000 square feet of living space and is listed for sale at $16,500,000
- The tallest building in Houston is the 75 floor JP Morgan Chase Tower which stands 1,002 feet tall. It is also the tallest building in Texas.
- The highest temperature ever recorded in Houston was 109 degrees. The record high was at George Bush Intercontinental Airport on September 4th, 2000 and again on August 27, 2011.
- For more info about Houston, click here!