Braces Houston are needed by a pretty large percentage of the overall population, with some estimates at approximately 60% or higher. In other words, many people are familiar with the steps involved with wearing braces. The process of having braces put on usually takes about 1 or 2 hours.
Braces are typically an orthodontic procedure completed by an orthodontist. An orthodontist is a dentist who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of dental and facial irregularities. The word “orthodontics” comes from the Greek words “orthos, ” meaning “straight, ” and “dontos, ” meaning “teeth. ” Orthodontists use braces, retainers, and other appliances to align teeth and jaws in order to improve both the function and the appearance of their patient’s smiles.
At Marquette Dentistry, we have highly educated and experienced orthodontists. When you come to us for your braces, you can be sure that you will end up with a beautiful smile. They will evaluate your teeth and help you decide which treatments are best for you specifically. While traditional braces are great, they are not always necessary for everyone. Some patients may even benefit from other braces alternatives such as clear aligners.
We offer many services along with orthodontics such as cleanings, root canal treatments, rehabilitative treatments, smile improvement, and many other treatments. We will ensure that you get custom treatments that will fit your needs specifically. Plus, we have flexible financing options that are affordable. No matter what type of remedy you need, we can help you get the smile you deserve. Whether that is braces Houston, clear aligners, or any other more of oral treatment, our experts will discuss the best treatment options for you. We can help you weigh your options, and assist in helping you make the best informed decision about your oral treatments.
There are numerous types of dental services that people can receive. One of these is orthodontic dentistry. This type of dentistry focuses on the alignment of the teeth and jaws. It can help to improve the function and appearance of the teeth.
Orthodontic dentistry can be used to correct a wide variety of dental problems. It can help to improve the appearance of teeth by correcting their alignment and position. It can also help to improve the function of teeth by improving their alignment and support.
Orthodontic treatment can take many different forms. Some patients may only need minimal treatments, while others may require more extensive treatments. The type of treatment that is required will depend on the specific dental problems that are being addressed.
There are a number of different types of orthodontic treatments that can be used to improve the appearance and function of teeth. Some of these treatments include braces, clear aligners, and retainers.
Traditional Braces are one of the most common types of orthodontic treatment. Braces are small metal or plastic devices that are worn on the teeth. They help to correct the alignment of the teeth. Braces can be worn on the upper teeth, lower teeth, or both. They are usually worn for about two years.
Clear aligners are a type of orthodontic solution that uses clear plastic aligners to straighten the teeth. Aligners are made to fit over the teeth and are virtually invisible. Clear aligners are usually worn for about one year, however, the length of time will greatly depend upon the severity of the correction needed.
Retainers are devices that are worn to keep the teeth in their new, corrected position after braces have been removed. Retainers are usually worn for several months to a year.
The Process of Getting Braces Houston
When your orthodontist has determined that it’s time for you to get braces in Houston, there are steps that lead up to actually having the braces placed in your mouth. First, the dentist will ask for your medical background in order to assess your overall health. An examination will be made to evaluate various aspects of your mouth, such as the relationship of the upper and lower teeth to each other. X-rays will be made, and then impressions are made. The patient bites into the wax to make impressions of the upper and lower teeth. Assessments will be made about such details as your facial features and tooth position at the beginning of treatment.
Finally, the braces will be placed in your mouth, and it can take one or two appointments to complete the entire process. Examinations and adjustments are made every month to ten weeks. Changes are evaluated all along the way to determine progress.
The Pros and Cons of Traditional Braces
Traditional braces are the most common type of braces used by orthodontists. They are made of metal brackets that are glued to your teeth and a metal wire that runs through the brackets. The wire is tightened over time to gradually move your teeth into the correct position. Traditional braces are very effective at correcting a wide variety of dental problems, but they do have some drawbacks. They can be uncomfortable, and they can make it difficult to brush and floss your teeth properly. In addition, traditional braces can be quite visible, which may not be ideal for everyone.
For those who are considering braces, it is important to weigh the pros and cons of traditional braces before making a decision. Traditional braces have been around for many years and are a tried and true method of straightening teeth. Here are some particulars to consider when deciding to get traditional braces.
The benefits of traditional braces:
- They are very effective in straightening teeth and can provide a significant improvement in the appearance of your smile. For those that need a significant amount of correction, traditional braces may be more effective than clear aligners.
- They are often the most cost-effective than clear aligners.
- You may not have to wear them for as long as clear aligners.
The drawbacks to traditional braces:
- They may require regular visits to the dentist to maintain their effectiveness.
- Traditional braces can be uncomfortable, and they may cause minor tooth pain.
- Oral hygiene is extremely important when wearing braces is extremely important. Because food can easily get stuck in between the brackets and wire, it is important that patients keep a travel toothbrush and floss with them at all times.
Dealing with Discomfort
Braces usually cause soreness for a week or so. The following are helpful tips for dealing with the discomfort and pain of braces:
- Over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen are usually recommended for pain, though a person’s individual health profile determines which medicines are safe to take.
- It’s best to eat only soft foods for 24 to 48 hours after braces are installed. Choose soft foods such as mashed potatoes, yogurt, soup, scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese, and milkshakes.
- Refrain from touching your sore mouth or teeth with your tongue or fingers. The more you touch sensitive areas, the more painful they will be.
- Avoid drinks and foods that will irritate your mouth sores; examples of what to avoid are tomato sauce and citrus fruit or juices.
- Be very careful after your braces are installed because it is easy to accidentally bite the inside of your cheeks until you are accustomed to the appliance. Mouth sores will heal quickly, however, and your mouth will toughen up.
With a little patience and care, you can easily get used to braces Houston, and look forward to having a beautiful new smile.
The Use of Retainers after Braces
After you have worn braces for an extended period of time, you will want to think about using retainers. This is especially important if you want to make sure that your teeth stay in their new, improved position. Wearing a retainer will help to keep your smile looking great, and it can also be used as a way to keep your teeth healthy and strong. Many people think that they are only necessary when you first get your braces removed, but this is not the case.
For those who have had braces in the past and have not worn a retainer since then, it is time to start thinking about getting one now. It is a good idea to have a retainer as a part of your dental care plan so that you can be sure that your teeth will remain in place for years to come.
If you are thinking about getting Braces Houston, contact Marquette Dentistry today!
FUN FACTS ABOUT HOUSTON TEXAS
- The most expensive home currently listed for sale in Houston is on Longfellow Lane in the Rice/Museum district. The house sits on almost two acres, has more than 12,000 square feet of living space and is listed for sale at $16,500,000
- The tallest building in Houston is the 75 floor JP Morgan Chase Tower which stands 1,002 feet tall. It is also the tallest building in Texas.
- The highest temperature ever recorded in Houston was 109 degrees. The record high was at George Bush Intercontinental Airport on September 4th, 2000 and again on August 27, 2011.
- For more info about Houston, click here!