Marquette Dentistry provides services for the best porcelain veneers in Houston. Stop by today to learn more about how our various cosmetic procedures can help boost your self-esteem and beautify your smile. Our team of cosmetic dentists has some of the best in Houston. Contact us or fill out our form online to schedule a consultation today.
Getting any cosmetic dental procedure is a major decision. For many, it will help fix multiple dental issues and alter their smile for the better. Cosmetic dentistry is the branch of dentistry that focuses on improving the appearance of teeth. Standard procedures include the following:
- Teeth Whitening – This procedure is a simple and effective way to brighten your smile. You can do it with an at-home kit or at our office.
- Veneers – This procedure can improve your teeth’ color, shape, and size.
- Bonding – This process can repair cracked, chipped, or discolored teeth.
- Reshaping & Contouring – Removes small amounts of tooth enamel to change the shape of your teeth. This procedure is often used to fix slightly crooked teeth.
- Dental Implants – Replace missing or decaying teeth with a prosthetic one that works and looks exactly like a natural tooth.
- Braces & Clear Aligners – Straighten the alignment of your teeth and jaws.
While cosmetic dentistry is not necessary for oral health, it can profoundly impact a person’s self-esteem and confidence. Obtaining or regaining a beautiful smile can be life-changing, and we can make it possible with our cosmetic procedures.
If you’re not happy with the current state of your smile, cosmetic dentistry may be able to help. Finding a qualified and experienced dentist is essential if you’re considering cosmetic dentistry. With the right dentist, you can achieve the smile of your dreams. Contact the team at Marquette Dentistry today to speak with a team with some of the best cosmetic dentists in the city.
Why Should You Get the Best Porcelain Veneers in Houston
Like many other cosmetic dentistry procedures, veneers help patients alter the appearance of their teeth for the better. Veneers can improve the color, shape, size, and overall appearance of your teeth. Dental veneers can typically fix the following issues:
- Tooth Discoloration & Stains – Natural discoloration can occur gradually, gradually darkening from everyday routines or consuming specific food and drinks. Teeth can change colors after a root canal, excessive fluoride, or other reasons.
- Chipped or Cracked Teeth – Accidents happen, leaving chips and other minor damages to your teeth. Not only can that be an open invitation to germs, but it can also affect the appearance of your teeth.
- Misshapen Teeth – Tooth decay and other dental issues can warp the appearance of a tooth. If several teeth have been affected, it may be difficult or awkward to chew or speak normally.
- Gaps Between Teeth – Sometimes, even braces won’t be able to pull teeth close enough, or their roots may be aligned, but the top part is too narrow. Gaps between teeth may be noticeable at a glance, affecting the overall aesthetics of your smile.
Veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures we offer. They’re thin custom-made shells of tooth-colored porcelain or composite materials. During the procedure, we’ll bond these shells to the front surface of the target teeth.
Typically, the veneer procedure will only take a couple of visits to our dental office. First, you’ll come in for a consultation to see if veneers are the best option for you. If your dentist deems it possible, you’ll schedule another appointment.
During the first visit, the dentist will take impressions of your teeth and prepare them for veneers. During the preparation process, the dentist will take small parts of the targeted tooth or teeth’s enamel to make room for the shells. Then they’ll send everything to the lab so that you can have custom-fit veneers.
The second visit is when the dentist will bond the veneers to your teeth. During the procedure, the dentist will trim and shape the veneers to fit the tooth, correcting any dental issues. We’ll also use a special light to harden the bonding material that’ll secure the veneer to the targeted teeth. This second visit shouldn’t take much longer than a regular checkup.
The entire process shouldn’t take much longer than two weeks. Veneers are inherently durable, so they’ll last years after the procedure is over with proper care. Contact our dental clinic to schedule an appointment for a consultation today.
Porcelain v. Composite Veneers
There are two different types of veneers available: porcelain and composite. Although we specialize more in porcelain veneers, they might not always be the best option for our patients. When you come in for a consultation, the dentist will determine the type of veneer that best fits your condition.
Porcelain veneers are a type of dental veneer made from, well… porcelain. These types of veneers are often more durable than their composite counterparts and can last for many years with proper care. However, in return, they’re also usually more expensive than the other.
Composite veneers are made of a composite material composed of resin, plastic, and ceramic. Some may have glass in them. These veneers are less expensive than the alternative, but they might not last as long. Not to mention, composite veneers also only take one visit to our office because they’re easier to apply.
Both types can improve the appearance of your teeth. Ultimately, the choice of which to go with will be mainly the purpose of getting veneers. If you want something more permanent that will last for years, porcelain might be better. However, composite veneers may be the best option if you want something cheaper that achieves most of the same effects.
How to Keep Your Veneers Porcelain White
Here at Marquette Dentistry, we have experts in the field of cosmetic dentistry. One of our cosmetic dentists has over three decades of experience. When it comes to knowledge and expertise, you won’t have to worry about it when you visit our dental clinic.
Although we can help you achieve the smile of your dreams, it’s up to you to keep them that way. We can only help you make it to the starting point. Regardless of your cosmetic procedure, remember that they’re an investment. The effects will last long with proper care, and you’ll want to keep them that way.
For example, your veneers will last for a long time but not forever. To keep the best porcelain veneers in Houston, you’ll need to remember the following:
Good Oral Hygiene is Essential – Keeping your veneers looking the way they are is all about good oral hygiene. While your usual dental routine won’t change much, it is essential to protect your veneers. Brushing, flossing, and rinsing your mouth with good mouth wash is vital.
Any parts not covered by veneers are still susceptible to decay. In turn, a lack of adequate oral hygiene will affect your veneers. Be sure to maintain your regular visits to your dentist for checkups and cleanings to prevent anything from adversely affecting your perfect smile.
Break Bad Dental Habits – Besides maintaining a good dental hygiene routine, you should also strive to break any bad dental habits you may have. Although veneers are durable, they’re still more delicate than natural teeth. That means they can still crack or break under extreme or constant pressure.
We highly advise you to avoid habits such as crunching on ice or similar. Chewing on candy, pencils, and pens may also affect the state of your veneers. If you’re a habitual nail-biter, you might also want to take precautions against that.
Avoid Stains – Veneers are often used to cover up stubborn stains and discolored teeth. However, that doesn’t mean the veneers themselves are impervious to stains. In order to keep your veneers in pristine condition, you’ll need to take measures to prevent them from staining.
Try to avoid excessive consumption of food and beverages that often leave stains, such as coffee and sodas. One way to avoid giving up your favorite beverage and minimizing damage is to drink it through a straw. Smoking can also cause your teeth and veneers to gain a yellowish tint.
Smile More with the Best Porcelain Veneers in Houston
Getting some of the best veneers in Houston is simple when you visit Marquette Dentistry. However, it’s going to take some effort on your part to keep them in optimal condition after you leave our dentistry. Granted, there will be some changes you’ll need to get used to, but it’s nothing that you can’t achieve.
One of those changes you’ll gradually notice is the return of your confidence. There’s no need to be self-conscious about the state of your teeth anymore. Flash your smile when and where you want to, knowing that you have veneers.
Call our dentist’s office or fill out our online form to schedule an appointment today. With our help, you’ll get the best porcelain veneers in Houston and smile confidently again.
Houston, Texas Fun Facts:
- Houston is the fourth most populous city in the US after New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
- Over 145 languages are spoken in the city. Apart from English and Spanish, you may also hear people speaking in German, Vietnamese, Hindi, Chinese, Urdu, Arabic, Welsh, and Tagalog.
- Houstonians are a cultured group. More than 61% of the residents over the age of 25 hold at least a bachelor’s degree.
- For more fun facts, visit the city’s official page.