HOUSTON COSMETIC DENTISTRY
Houston cosmetic dentistry offers solutions for every kind of dental issue. By giving your teeth the attention they need, you can improve your health and your appearance and at the same time boost your self-confidence. Among the benefits of cosmetic dentistry in Houston are the following procedures.
It is common for one or two teeth to be missing, but if you are missing several or perhaps many of your teeth, dental implants are an excellent way to restore your smile and your oral health. Titanium alloy is the material used in Houston cosmetic dentistry to make dental implants. It is a major surgery to have dental implants, and it comes with the pain and recovery period of major surgery. The following is more about the process of fitting you with dental implants:
- An artificial tooth root is shaped using titanium alloy.
- The artificial root is placed into your jawbone and in your mouth’s soft tissue.
- Bone and gum will grow around the artificial root.
- Finally, a dental crown is placed over the dental implant.
Involving a far less invasive procedure than dental implants, composite fillings are another excellent service from cosmetic dentistry Houston. Where previously silver fillings were the leading option, there is no longer a need to advertise evidence of having had cavities. Composite fillings can be used for cavities of any size and for any tooth, and they are the same color as your teeth. Unlike silver filling, which is seen only where the tooth has been decayed, composite filling is applied in layers and helps to strengthen your entire tooth.
Although a costly option, porcelain veneers are a very popular type of cosmetic dentistry in Houston. The many benefits of porcelain veneers include:
- Porcelain veneers provide the opportunity for a whole new smile, which is welcome news for people with discolored or crooked teeth or with unwanted gaps between them.
- While porcelain veneers are very expensive, they are also very durable, lasting up to 15 years. This is almost twice the durability of composite veneers.
- Porcelain, a glasslike ceramic, appears very realistic and natural because it has properties that are similar to enamel, the natural covering of your teeth.
- Porcelain is extremely resistant to stains. In fact, porcelain doesn’t stain permanently, even when exposed to wine, coffee, and cigarette smoking.
Having healthy teeth and a nice smile are undeniable benefits to anyone, and they are possible with the help of Houston cosmetic dentistry.