Family Dentist Houston
Marquette Dentistry in Houston offers dental services not only for you, but for your entire family! We offer many cosmetic dentistry procedures as well as routine services like cleanings and checkups. By committing to a routine dental care plan, you and your family can stop plaque and the progression of tooth or gum decay. There are many ways to prevent plaque, and visiting your dentist is just one. Marquette Family Dentist Houston is ready to be your go-to choice for dental care.
What is Plaque and What Causes It?
Plaque is a form of sticky and colorless bacteria that can make your teeth feel like they are fuzzy. While plaque is continuously forming in your mouth it’s always important to remember to brush your teeth. Bacteria will use the saliva in your mouth and the carbohydrates from the food you eat to create plaque. The bacteria in your mouth loves the sugary foods and drinks you consume, which creates acid that can cause the decay of enamel, and eventually your entire tooth.
Plaque can also grow under the gum in the roots of your teeth, which will result in the corrosion of the bone that holds your teeth up leading to far worse problems.
Do I Have a Plaque Problem?
There are a few ways to tell if you have any plaque issues before you visit your dental clinic. These signs may include:
- Gum irritation around the teeth
How to Prevent Plaque Formation
While plaque can be a pain — sometimes literally — there are ways to prevent it. It is wise to visit your dentist every six months for a checkup and a cleaning, but there are everyday things you can do at home:
- Brush at least two times a day, every day, with a soft toothbrush and toothpaste that contains fluoride
- When you’re brushing your teeth, take the time to get in everywhere your teeth and gums meet. Gums also need to be brushed to prevent plaque buildup
- Floss at least once a day to remove food particles and bacteria buildup that brushing can’t quite remove
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash to reduce the bacteria that causes plaque
Contact Marquette Dentistry in Houston today, to schedule your family dental appointments.
FUN FACTS ABOUT HOUSTON TEXAS
- The most expensive home currently listed for sale in Houston is on Longfellow Lane in the Rice/Museum district. The house sits on almost two acres, has more than 12,000 square feet of living space and is listed for sale at $16,500,000
- The tallest building in Houston is the 75 floor JP Morgan Chase Tower which stands 1,002 feet tall. It is also the tallest building in Texas.
- The highest temperature ever recorded in Houston was 109 degrees. The record high was at George Bush Intercontinental Airport on September 4th, 2000 and again on August 27, 2011.
- For more info about Houston, click here!