HOUSTON DENTAL BONDING
Houston dental bonding is an option that provides a solution for numerous issues. There is no need to hate your own smile. The possibilities are endless for making anyone’s smile attractive, with Houston dental bonding.
Conditions Solved by Houston Dental Bonding
One-day dental procedures today can go much further than merely fixing cavities. Advancements in technology make it possible to fix flaws quickly. The following are kinds of cosmetic dentistry possible with dental bonding:
- Repairing cracked or chipped teeth.
- Repairing decayed teeth by using composite resins to fill cavities.
- Improving the appearance of teeth that have been stained and discolored.
- Changing the shape of teeth, such as adding length to them.
- Protecting part of the root of teeth that are exposed due to receding gums.
Pros of Houston Dental Bonding
Dental bonding provides an alternative to costly veneers and crowns. While the more expensive alternatives must be customized and specially manufactured in laboratories, Houston dental bonding can usually be completed in one office visit. The exception is if several teeth are being worked on. Other benefits of dental bonding, in addition to convenience, almost instant results, and lower costs, are:
- Anesthesia is not usually needed for dental bonding, unless a cavity is being filled in the process.
- Less tooth enamel is removed when using dental bonding as compared with veneers and crowns.
Cons of Houston Dental Bonding
There is no question about the fact that dental bonding has opened up opportunities for many people who would otherwise not be able to restore their smiles. There are, however, a few disadvantages to Houston dental bonding, as compared to more expensive procedures.
- Dental bonding is a stain resistant material, but it does not do as well as crowns in resisting stains.
- Fillings, veneers, and crowns all last longer and are stronger restorative procedures than dental bonding.
- Bonding material adheres to the teeth and can chip and break them off.
- Bonding is typically used for only one or two teeth.
Importance of a Confident Smile
Human nature has some predictable patterns, and among them is subconsciously making snap judgments about people based on their smile. Research shows that, compared with people who have an average or below average smile, people who flash a nice smile are considered more successful, trusting, intelligent, productive, likeable, outgoing, honest, and brave. The condition of the teeth also have an effect on a person’s self-esteem and self-image.
It is no exaggeration to say that one procedure with Houston dental bonding could literally change a person’s life.