Dentist for Children Houston
Dentist for children Houston needed? At Marquette Dentistry, we equip parents to help their children enjoy a lifetime of dental health. This can partly be accomplished by helping children to establish excellent dental habits and partly by understanding potential problems to be avoided.
Dental Habits for Children
As a dentist for children in Houston, we understand that it can be challenging to keep children on the right path toward healthy dental habits. It usually requires an unwavering devotion to your children’s dental health, to accomplish this important feat. Once healthy habits are firmly established, they will serve to help your children maintain healthy teeth throughout life. The following are tips for improving dental habits:
- Be consistent about instructing your children to brush their teeth in the morning and at night. By having them brush at the same times of the day, the routine becomes easier to remember. Once the habit is established, children understand that brushing is routine and not an extra task they are being assigned.
- Provide floss that is easy for children to use. Flossing is important because it removes the food between the teeth. When food stays lodged in, teeth can decay more quickly.
- Visit us, your dentist for children Houston, on a regular basis, beginning no later than when a child’s first tooth comes in. By making dental visits a priority, you help instill in your children the importance of maintaining their teeth.
- Restrict the amount of soda and sugary foods that your children consume, and explain to them that sweets and foods high in carbohydrates stick to teeth and cause harmful bacteria to form. It is always best to brush after eating these types of foods, in addition to brushing before bed.
Prevent Dental Injuries
Our teeth are important, of course, and it’s best to avoid dental trauma which can result in tooth loss. The following are some tips from your dentist for children in Houston, to help prevent dental injuries among infants and children:
- We do not recommend using baby walkers, since falls can cause dental trauma. A well-padded baby walker may help diffuse the danger.
- Teach your children not to push other kids when playing.
- When your children are engaged in sports such as skateboarding, roller skating, and bicycling, encourage them to wear both a helmet and a mouth guard.
- Have your children exit swimming pools only by way of a ladder.
- Instruct your children not to jump off of a moving swing.
If you have any questions about the dental health of your children, please contact us at (832) 786-4406. Make an appointment with us, your dentist for children Houston.