Best Pediatric Dentist Houston
Best pediatric dentist houston provides quality dental care for children and also adults. Cosmetic dentistry is one of our specialties. The need for buying Houston Lumineers in order to have a great smile can often be avoided by maintaining good dental health and keeping teeth white.
Keeping Childrens’ Teeth White
There are things parents can do not only to help prevent their children from developing cavities but also to keep their kids’ teeth white. One of the challenges of protecting children’s teeth is that they tend to have an unending appetite for sweet, sticky foods. These types of foods introduce bacteria to the mouth that turns into plaque. If sugar is also present, the plaque bonds to the teeth in a glue-like fashion and wears away at enamel. Good news is that there are ways for children to have bright white teeth that are cavity-free, in spite of challenges. The following are tips for keeping teeth white:
- Begin bringing your child to the dentist in the infant stage and no later than age 1. Care from best pediatric dentist Houston will include treating children who are at risk for developing cavities. Topical fluoride solutions can be applied, and a good professional cleaning every six months also helps.
- Establish a daily routine of cleaning and flossing. Even the gums of infants should be wiped clean with a soft wet cloth. Once teeth come in, brushing should begin, using children’s toothpaste. Starting at age 2, use a smear of fluoride toothpaste. Children from age 3 through age 6 should use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste that contains fluoride and whitening agents. Brushing will help remove sugar and starch from the teeth, revealing the whiteness of the enamel. Once two teeth come in that touch, teach your child how to floss properly. Be sure you explain that flossing helps to remove plaque, which hardens, turns to tartar, and gives teeth a yellowish appearance.
- At about age 12, over-the-counter whitening strips for children can be used for permanent front teeth.
- For your teenager whose teeth needs whitening, discuss with your best pediatric dentist Houston whether whitening trays are a good option and whether the treatment is covered on insurance.
- For immediate whitening treatment, ask your best pediatric dentist Houston whether in-office bleaching is available.
Parents should be aware that children’s teeth can become discolored as a result of the extended use of antibiotics.
Make an appointment with us, your best pediatric dentist Houston, today.